Coronavirus COVID-19 Training Update for Support Workers
Please see below today's update from the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
From: NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission On Behalf Of NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
Sent: Tuesday, 17 March 2020 8:48 AM
To: SACARE - Admin <email@example.com
Subject: Provider Alert: Coronavirus information for providers - 17 March 2020
It is important that providers and workers follow the Chief Medical Officer’s advice on hygiene and infection control and take all necessary precautions to protect the people you support and your workforce from infection with COVID-19.
Today the Australian Government Department of Health has made available a 30-minute online training module for all support workers across all sectors.
The module covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19 including:
- COVID-19 – what is it?
- Signs and symptoms
- Keeping safe – protecting yourself and others
- Myth busting.
At the end of this training module, you should be able to:
- understand the basics about the COVID-19 virus, including how it is spread
- describe what you can do to protect the people you support and your workforce
- know what to do if the person you are supporting develops symptoms
- know what to do if you develop symptoms
- tell the difference between myths and facts of COVID-19.
The NDIS Commission continues to make information available for all providers via a dedicated COVID-19 page on our website.