Disability Home Care
Enhance Your Independence with Disability Home Care
If you or someone you love is in need of assistance with regular daily activities, such as dressing, grooming, cooking, or transportation, then disability home care can provide the help you need. At SACARE, we offer disability home care services in Adelaide for people with complex care needs who wish for more independent lifestyles.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Your Disability Home Care in Adelaide
Home care offers important advantages for people with disabilities and their families. To have the best experience possible, it’s essential to choose the right care provider. Here are a few things to consider.
- 24/7 care. Look for an agency that will respond to critical issues around the clock. Emergencies happen at night and on weekends – not just during weekdays. You need care providers who will respond when there is an urgent issue, even if it happens in the middle of the night.
- Tailored services. Every person with a disability has their own set of needs and preferences. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to care for these individuals. Make sure you understand what your options are and that your carers will be flexible in delivering the personalised range of services that you or your loved ones need.
- High-quality care. One of the most important characteristics of home care is the team’s dedication to providing quality care. An experienced agency will understand the importance of arriving on time, following up to ensure that they are providing the best possible care, communicating clearly with the client and their family members, and more.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Disability Home Care Services
Choosing the best disability home care services in Adelaide is a significant decision. What should you look for, and how do you find the best options? You can maximise your odds of ending up with the best possible care by avoiding these common mistakes.
- Waiting too long. The worst mistake you can make when it comes to hiring a carer is waiting too long to hire professional help. Obtaining care early on can make a big difference in the psychological health of both patients and the members of their families.
- Basing your decision on cost alone. Basing your decision solely on price could be a huge mistake. Naturally, price is a consideration for most people. However, many other things matter just as much, such as meeting national standards for care and hiring people who will be caring and well-trained and who will provide the most value.
- Putting your wishes ahead of your loved ones. Often, family members seek to find a carer that they like and feel comfortable with instead of taking into account the feelings of their family member with a disability. Make sure that you know how your loved one feels about their prospective carer – not just how you (or the family) feels.
SACARE is an Australian family-owned business providing services for people with disabilities since 1999. We offer a range of innovative disability services that spring from our clinical knowledge and strong family values, delivered to our clients in a setting that provides a positive experience for both people with disabilities and their families and carers. Our goal is independence for individuals living with disabilities, and we achieve this through unique and flexible personal support options. Contact us for more information.