COVID-19 Update: Advice from SAPOL & SACARE's latest protocols
The SA Health Contact Tracing page has been updated Saturday night with new locations, see here.
Advice from SAPOL 21/11/20:
The SA Government has released updated COVID-19 advice due to the Parafield cluster. Please note the following are recommended but do not form part of a formal directive at this point in time.
➡️ South Australian residents should work from home where possible.
➡️ Vulnerable people are advised to stay at home and avoid having visitors at the moment.
➡️ Unnecessary travel is discouraged.
➡️ South Australian residents should wear a mask when physical distancing of 1.5m cannot be observed, e.g. on public transport.
The Government has issued a new Emergency Direction for Aged Care Facilities. The FAQ’s regarding this direction are below:
- You cannot enter a Residential Aged Care Facility if you have not been vaccinated against 2020 seasonal influenza.
- You cannot enter a Residential Aged Care Facility if you have undertaken a COVID-19 test and are awaiting the test result.
Please see below SACARE's latest protocols:
- The Gums will be in full lockdown due to the Parafield cluster.
- All other accommodation can have a maximum of 2 visitors for 1 hour a day with masks worn. All visitors must complete the COVID-19 questionnaire.
- THRIVE and Allied health Services may continue at all other accommodations excepting The Gums. However, all staff including external allied health providers attending accommodation must comply with infection control measures including hand hygiene and wearing a mask whilst undertaking therapy with the client.
- All accommodation and community support workers will continue to wear masks when attending personal care.
- Minimise community outings where possible for vulnerable clients. Masks to be worn if this cannot be avoided.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the information above, please call 1300 145 636.